Receive Support

Time to file your taxes? United Way’s Cville Tax Aid has submitted 37,000 returns and created more than $33 million in economic value to our community in the last ten years. We can help you!


  • Government issued Photo ID
  • Social Security cards or ITIN numbers (letter) for the taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
  • Birth dates of all primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return. If married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the required documents.
  • All wage and income statements for 2018 (e.g., W-2, W-2G, 1099-R forms)
  • Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions (Form 1099 Int. or 1099 Div.) if applicable
  • Proof of day-care expenses paid in 2018 including provider’s name, address, and SSN or federal ID number
  • For direct deposit refunds to your checking or savings account, bring a canceled check with you to verify the account and bank routing numbers
  • Form 1095-A if you purchased insurance through the marketplace/exchange
  • Proof of healthcare coverage (helpful, but not required)

Virginia state refunds must be a direct deposit to a checking or savings account or the refund will be placed on a debit card and mailed to the taxpayer along with a PIN number for access.